3/15/2013

Melissa's Hat, Sweater, Zilver, Spinning

Hi,
I have a lot of pictures and projects to share with you today, and I found my nice camera so the pictures are much better than last time. :-)  Anyways, I've been knitting a lot lately and revisited some hibernating (projects I haven't worked on in a while) like my Owl Sweater.


Here's a little sneak peak of my sweater so far!  You can probably see the stitches where I increased and decreased since those stitches tend to look different from others, hopefully when the sweater is all finished they won't stand out as much :)


Also, I recently (as in today) cast on for Zilver, a simple, airy, stockinette shawl that has a bit of texture to make it interesting.  I'm knitting this fun shawl for a KAL at the Needling Away group on Ravelry.  I founded the group during October 2012 and we have been doing knit-a-longs ever since! :)


And I've been slowly working on Miss Melissa's hat, and I'm finally on to the decreases for the crown of the hat.


So far I think it looks very nice, and I can't wait until it's done and then I can attach the beautiful buttons.   I would show you a picture of the buttons, but I think I'm going to keep that a surprise that will be revealed once that hat is finished.

After taking a nice lengthy break from knitting hexipuffs for my beekeeper's quilt I picked up some silk blend yarn and my double pointed needles and knit a puff.


I am really enjoying this yarn.  The colors are very spring-time-ish and cheery, and the yarn makes the stitches very defined and crisp.


I also picked up the spindle and some roving!  It's really fun and easy to spin this roving, and the colors are really vivid.


That's all I have to share for today, have a great rest of your weekend!

Emily




4 comments:

  1. Personally I love the look of increases/decreases on garments, and if they don't blend in at the end the sweater will still be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that hexipuff! the blue on the hat is very pretty, and your sweater looks awesome!! :D Awesome Emily!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcomed :)