4/21/2013

FO Yarn: Ducklings

Hi!
Last night at about 10 PM I had an urge to finish spinning my merino yarn which I nicknamed "Ducklings".  I guess I felt like it was time to stop spinning this yarn, because I wanted to save more then half of the 4 oz. roving for a heavier weight yarn. 

I am very pleased with the final product.  The yarn is fairly consistent, with the exception of a few yards which look hideous in my eyes.  But overall, I think the yarn is nice, soft, squishy and beautiful.  I was going to save this post for next weekend, but I was so excited to share this so I decided to show you today. :)  Here are the pictures, enjoy!

It is approximately 75 yards of a 2-ply lightweight yarn.  Even though the yardage is small, it took me a really long time to finish this handspun.  I'm not sure why, but it took forever.

I love the colors.  They remind me of ducklings in a pond and waterlilies floating on the water.

 I spun this yarn on a Turkish drop spindle and the yarn broke a lot, making it a frustrating process.  However, spinning is fun, so I enjoyed spinning this for the most part. :)

After I write this post I will be soaking my handspun in some water, and hopefully that will get rid of the kinks in the yarn.

My next handspun will be a heavier weight yarn I believe.  If you're a spinner, do you prefer to spin heavier weight yarns or finer weight yarns?  Let me know in the comments, I would love to hear from you.

~ Emily

P.S. Knitting and Crochet Blog Week starts tomorrow!  :D :D :D

3 comments:

  1. Cute! I love the name! For some reason I don't know, I always tend to spin lace and fingering weights yarns. It seems to be my go-to weight for now.

    Hasol

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous! Make sure you set the twists, just make it in the "hank loop" not the actual hank, you can look videos up on youtube if you don't know how! :) Or you can ask me, I don't mind helping!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcomed :)