8/23/2013

New Project: Citron

Hi Everyone!
After I finished my warm, thick, wooly Owls Sweater I decided that I needed a break from chunky yarn and fat needles.  So, I cast on for a lightweight shawl with some Madelinetosh Prairie.  The pattern is called Citron, and it was designed by Hilary Smith Callis.  The pattern is very unique and clever, and has small ruffles going around the shawl.  It's really fun to watch the ruffles form!


The shawl is semicircular and I love how light and elegant it is!  I was really surprised by the simplicity of this design, there are no yarnovers or fancy increases; just plain old skills used in unique ways to create something seemingly complicated.


I am in love with the colors of the yarn.  Madelinetosh does not fail to impress me with their range of colors and their color pairings.  At first I was a bit uneasy about using this yarn for this particular shawl, but I think it looks lovely.  The combination of navy blue, gray, and burnt brown, looks really pretty.  The color way is called Mare, if any of you reading are interested.

I'm hoping to finish my Citron before school starts, but I know it will be a challenge.  I'm about a 3rd of the way done, and the rows get longer and longer.  Maybe I'll be able to wear the shawl on the first day of school if I put my mind to it!


2 comments:

Comments are always welcomed :)