9/07/2013

The Final Ruffle

Hi!
I've been working on my Citron a ton lately and I am finally ready to work the last ruffle in the pattern! Hooray!  Sadly, I did not reach my personal deadline, which was before school starts.  Clearly I am not a 'person of deadlines' because I usually never meet my knitting deadlines.  Anyways, I am almost done, and I'm hoping to finish my Citron this weekend.  For now I would like to show you some of my progress pictures!


There are 5 ruffles in the pattern total.  4 of them or finished, and there's only one more left.  When I finished the 4th ruffle I felt a huge sense of accomplishment.  I'm sure all of you have felt like that before, especially when you reach a certain milestone in your knitting project.  Since this shawl has so many stitches, one ruffle is a pretty big milestone, I think. ;)


As you can see, the shawl is pretty large now.  When I first saw the pattern I thought it would turn out too small and that I would have to add a few pattern repeats to make it the size that I desired.  But by the looks of it, after the 5th ruffle my Citron shawlette will be the perfect size!


Well, I should probably get back to knitting!  Stay tuned for the FO post!

1 comment:

Comments are always welcomed :)